The Yaesu SCU-17 Interface Unit may be used for CAT control of the transceiver with a computer via a USB connection
and for communications using SSTV, RTTY and PSK digital modes.
* Provides CAT communications through USB when PC does not have RS-232C port.
* Has a USB audio system so the TX and RX audio is accessible through the USB cable.
* Has a two-channel USB serial device and enables various transmit modes and CAT comms. simultaneously.
* Operates from USB bus power, so no external power supply required.
* Provides high RF isolation via photo relays.
* Front panel TX and RX audio controls.
* LED indicators monitor PTT and FSK control.
* Compatible with: FT-450D, FT-817ND, FT-857D, FT-897D, FT-950, FT-2000, FTDX1200, FTDX5000, FTDX9000
Check on the table below which cable you will need to connect your radio
Transceiver Required cables
FT-450D no extra cables needed
FT-950 no extra cables needed
FT-DX1200 no extra cables needed
FT-817ND Option CT-62 needed
FT-857D Option CT-62 needed
FT-897D Option CT-62 needed
FT-2000 (Variant 1) Option SCU-21 needed
FT-2000 (Variant 2) built by user CT-39/A needed – see manual
FT-DX5000 (Variant 1) Option SCU-21 needed
FT-DX5000 (Variant 2) built by user CT-39/A needed – see manual
FT-DX9000 (Variant 1) Option SCU-22 needed
FT-DX9000 (Variant 2) built by user CT-39/A needed – see manual
Yaesu SCU-17 Interface Unit USB