Latest release notes for Motorola DMR firmware updatesPaul Leicester | MØFOX | Chesterfield UK | IO93HE | Icom IC-7300
Paul Leicester | MØFOX | Chesterfield UK | IO93HE | Icom IC-7300
As most of you will know, we have been making various mutterings for many months now regarding the need to reorganise the current “TG8” regional talk group structure. To a great extent, this has been a victim of its own success, but it has shortcomings – some of which we have attempted to paper over with the invention and implementation of the “direct dial” talk groups.
With the rapid (and continuing) expansion of the network it is time for a fresh look at what we might do going forwards; this paper is intended to be the cornerstone of an open discussion regarding how the regional talk groups would be best organised . This is NOT a “done deal”, nor a fait accompli. Please feel free to share thoughts and observations and to ask questions…….Paul Leicester | MØFOX | Chesterfield UK | IO93HE | Icom IC-7300
From the delivery driver crisscrossing the city to the sanitation crew clearing streets, your employees work smarter and safer with the MOTOTRBO™ DM4000 Series mobile two-way radio.
This fully-featured mobile transforms your enterprise, delivering unrivaled voice and data communications with integrated Bluetooth audio and data*, integrated GPS*, text messaging and a full 4-line colour display with day/night mode to make reading work order tickets and text messages easier. You also get best-in-class audio that includes Intelligent Audio and a customisable voice announcement feature.
Loud front-facing speaker and Intelligent Audio feature automatically adjusts the radio volume according to the environment’s noise level
Large, full colour display
Enhanced 5-line display features a flexible menu-driven interface. Icons and large easy-to-use navigation buttons ease message reading and menu navigation
Day/night display mode
Day mode displays improved resolution for easier viewing even in broad daylight, while night mode makes the screen easier to read in dark environments
Flexible configurations and easy use
Available in UHF and VHF frequency bands with 1000 channel capacity, large, easy to access volume knob and four programmable buttons with option to use one as an emergency button
Locate mobile work teams using integrated GPS (DM4601 model only)
Share real-time information by connecting radios to Bluetooth-enabled data devices (DM4601 model only)
Productivity-enhancing data applications
Features the industry’s largest application developer program to enable a wide variety of customised applications including: location tracking, work order ticket management, Bluetooth data, email gateways, dispatch, telephony and man-down
Send update messages to team members when radio communications need to be delivered without interrupting workers or guests
Embedded Bluetooth audio
Enables connectivity with wireless accessories including Motorola’s unique Operations Critical Wireless earpieces designed for rugged and reliable communications (DM4601 model only)
Single-site digital trunking system that maximises the capacity of your MOTOTRBO system. Use it to enable a high volume of voice and data communication for over a thousand users at a single site
IP Site Connect
A digital solution that uses the internet to extend the voice and data capabilities of MOTOTRBO. Use it to link up to 15 sites for communication among geographically dispersed locations, to create wide area coverage or enhance coverage at a single site with physical barriers
Orange P4 button can be optionally programmed to send an alert to a supervisor or dispatcher during an emergency situation
Enables a user to interrupt another radio conversation to deliver critical communication exactly when and where it’s needed
Basic or enhanced privacy
Built-in scrambling for increased security (Programmable)
Motorola DM4600 / DM4601 MOTOTRBO Mobile two way radioPaul Leicester | MØFOX | Chesterfield UK | IO93HE | Icom IC-7300
Hytera MD785/785G DMR Digital UHF VHF Radio
User-centered Design The large-size color display allows good visibility even under extremely strong light. And the seven programmable keys facilitate your communication in various conditions. Reliable Quality Hytera MD785/785G is strictly compliant with MIL-STD-810 C/D/E/F and IP54 standards, ensuring outstanding performance even under harsh environments. Superior..
This DMR mobile radio offers versatile digital functions and solid loud audio. With its ergonomic design, its easy to operate user menu system and its remarkable build quality, this is the ideal solution for all your DMR needs; whether it is mobile vehicle mounted operation, or for use in the shack.
- Excellent voice transmission – Thanks to the simultaneous application of narrow band codecs and digital error correction, the Hytera MD785 offers you an outstanding audio quality in loud environments and in fringe areas of the repeater coverage
- Dual mode – The Hytera MD785 features an analogue as well as a digital mode and is compatible with the currently used analogue repeater systems, thereby simplifying your transition into the digital age. This also means you don’t need to have two radios, have analogue and digital all in one.
- Improved use of the radio spectrum – Thanks to the TDMA process the MD785 allows an assignment of the available bandwidth with double channel capacity. This results in a clear relief of the increasing spectrum scarcity
- Secure communications – Besides the built-in encryption based on digital technology, the MD785 features advanced encryption options, e.g. 256-bit encryption and a scrambler function (optional)
- Reliability and quality – The MD785 complies with the standards MIL-STD-810C/D/E/F/G and the degree of protection IP54 and offers a high degree of reliability even in rough environments
- Versatile functionality – Besides the classic communication functions, the MD785 features numerous additional digital and optional functions, including text messages, individual calling and a lone worker function
- Expansion port – Thanks to the built-in expansion port, the MD785 can be expanded by additional functions
- Intuitive interface and key guidance – The high-resolution LCD screen offers a clear display, even under difficult light conditions. The large keyboard and ergonomic programmable keys allow this radio to be easily operated.
Hytera UK is a UK registered, wholly-owned subsidiary of Hytera Communications Co Ltd, founded in 2004. Located in Slough, Berkshire, Hytera has been dedicated to distributing analogue, DMR and Tetra radios for over 7 years. From the outset, Hytera UK has been committed to providing outstanding service and support to all partners and dealers. This has led to Hytera becoming one of the top radio providers worldwide.
Hytera MD785 785G DMR Radio Mototrbo UHF VHF Digital